Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Age Of Adaline

I'm such a sucker for movies about time and The Age Of Adaline is a beautifully told film about a woman (Blake Lively) who has been blessed/cursed with the ability to halt her aging and the life of this woman in navigating the loves and losses of her life.  Having wanted to see this movie with my love for what seemed like forever, I was left a bit muted in my enthusiasm about it after viewing it online alone. Probably because the narrative had the potential to go in a host of different directions and be told from numerous angles.  Instead, it is rather straightforward in it's approach from director Lee Toland Krieger.  The ideas of love, time, space, eternity, reincarnation, and more are all intertwined here, but in such a charmingly accessible way that it leaves me a bit empty even with notable performances by Harrison Ford and Ellen Burnstyn.  My opinion, however, about The Age Of Adaline at this juncture is not complete without you and you know who you are.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?